As one of the Strauss Strategy’s X-Labs in a Box program participants pointed out at the end of the program: “Think as big as possible, as far as possible, as David Bowie said: Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.” The program has been carried out during 3 months with our wonderful client – Maccabi Health Services.
- The program began in March and involved 27 fearless and talented managers from Maccabi Health Services, under the guidance of 10 business and technological mentors from Strauss Strategy and Maccabi’s management steering committee. The teams were divided into three groups, and under the guidance of Sigal Dadon, the CEO of Maccabi, we began the journey toward our goal – “to find the next big thing that would change and enhance how Maccabi’s digital services are delivered to its clients.”
What was important:
- We put aside the ego issues (most of the time)
- We went on a ‘start-up’ journey. The participants got out of the ‘Maccabi box’ and entered the world of entrepreneurship. Everyone felt that the journey was not always comfortable and there were no safety cushions.
- We had the belief that we could obtain professional tools from the worlds of entrepreneurship and start-ups that would change our way of thinking.
- In all three groups the aim was to identify a business value or capabilities that could enhance Maccabi’s services. As they put it in the start-up world – values and capabilities that would differentiate Maccabi from its competitors. Today, only 14 weeks later, the 3 groups are ready to launch 3 initiatives that will revolutionize the delivery of healthcare through digital technology.
- A wide variety of practical tools have been learned, practiced, and implemented by the participants during the journey, including those related to innovation, entrepreneurship, product, digital, and technology. By using these tools, they were able to develop an internal network with innovative capabilities that enabled them to carry out healthcare digital initiatives quickly and effectively.
- As a partner in this journey, Microsoft assisted us in planning our initiatives using current technological capabilities in general and innovations in the field of healthcare in particular. Together, we created an elegant solution that combined the strength of Maccabi Health Services with the incredible technological power of Microsoft’s Azure cloud infrastructure, which is already being implemented at Maccabi Health Services.
- The implementation of the X-Labs plan has been carried out in Maccabi Health Services in an impressive manner by Maccabi’s management that places the client at the center of its work, believes in its managerial power, recognizes that change begins within and that it is critical to develop projects that produce rapid results, just like in start-ups.
Thanks to Sigal Dadon Levi, Maccabi Health Services’ CEO, Liora Ben Efraim, Maccabi Health Services’ Vice President of Information Technology, who accepted the challenge with profound faith in the process and in people, as well as to the steering committee, who led the groups with extraordinary professionalism and sincere care. Thank you all for your vision, faith, and commitment to carry out the project in its entirety with tremendous determination.
We at Strauss are proud to take part in this great project – X-Labs in a BOX at Maccabi Health Services.